Recent CDL Graduates and Entry Level Drivers
Attention, New Drivers! Limited Time Only - $2,500 Supplemental Pay - call 866-715-8563 now for details.
Melton welcomes recent CDL school graduates and drivers that have not had any over-the-road (OTR) driving experience. We know that you are the future of our company so we insist on providing quality training.
Melton Truck Lines Driver Requirements
Melton Truck Lines currently has job openings available for experienced truck drivers in the lower 48 states. In order for your application to be processed, you should meet the following standards:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Valid CDL Class A from the state you reside in
- No BACs, DUIs, or DWIs in the last 5 years
- Must meet all applicable DOT Regulations including a DOT physical and NIDA approved drug screen administered by a Melton Truck Lines physician
- Must pass an integrity interview and meet Melton's work attendance and availability requirements
If you have questions about our requirements or would like to know if you qualify for a position as a CDL Class A Over the Road (OTR) Flatbed Driver with Melton, please call us at 888-324-8215.
Melton aims to remain ahead of the competition with top pay and benefits, free on-site clinics and dentists, driver help desk, safety and referral bonuses, rider and pet programs, and much more.
- Apply online or call 888-324-8215 to speak with a recruiter.
- You will complete an over the phone interview with your recruiter where we will collect work history, safety, and background information.
- Your recruiter will forward your application to a processor who will check your references and reports.
- Your application will be sent back to your recruiter so you can complete a final interview to make sure that we have everything correct on your application.
- Once your application is reviewed and approved by our hiring board, we will schedule your transportation to on the job training.
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Recent CDL school graduates with 4 or less months of OTR can qualify for Melton’s tuition reimbursement program. Our plan will pay $150 every month up to $10,000! The first payout will follow your 30 day Melton anniversary.
If the driver paid less than $10,000 pursuing their CDL the payout will stop at the amount they paid.
Customized On The Job Training Program
Most entry level drivers will be a part of our 14 day on the job training program where we will cover our culture, safety standards, load securement, and tarping best practices. If you need any additional help during the class, we can provide additional one-on-one training. We want to give you the tools you need to be successful!
All entry level drivers will go out for approximately 3 weeks with a road trainer that is matched based on their personality. You will be paid a per diem during this time and once you are ready to get on your own truck, you will start receiving pay by mile.
Quality training doesn’t end after on the job training. The trucking industry is constantly changing, so we focus on communicating important information in a timely manner by print, email, online training, and social media to help make our drivers the best on the road. We are also available day and night to support and assist drivers in any situation.