VIP Orientation Experience
Join Melton’s exclusive VIP Orientation Experience today! In addition to our customized training program, get first-class pay and accommodations to set you up for success.
- Depending on your level of experience, you may be eligible to choose your transportation to orientation. Ride, fly, or rent a car so you can make sure you have all your gear with you and get on the road easier. Whatever your situation, we will do what’s best for you!
- Free private accommodations (Value of $200). Be well rested for class with a private room.
Enjoy the perks of being a Melton VIP. Choose Melton today and be in your VIP orientation by Sunday.
Melton Truck Lines Driver Requirements
Melton Truck Lines currently has job openings available for experienced truck drivers in the lower 48 states. In order for your application to be processed, you should meet the following standards:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Valid CDL Class A from the state you reside in
- No BACs, DUIs, or DWIs in the last 5 years
- Must meet all applicable DOT Regulations including a DOT physical and NIDA approved drug screen administered by a Melton Truck Lines physician
- Must pass an integrity interview and meet Melton's work attendance and availability requirements
Melton aims to remain ahead of the competition with top pay and benefits, free on-site clinics and dentists, driver help desk, safety and referral bonuses, rider and pet programs, and much more.
- Apply online or call to speak with a recruiter.
- You will complete an over the phone interview with your recruiter where we will collect work history, safety, and background information.
- Your recruiter will forward your application to a processor who will check your references and reports.
- Your application will be sent back to your recruiter so you can complete a final interview to make sure that we have everything correct on your application.
- Once your application is reviewed and approved by our hiring board, we will schedule your transportation to orientation.
Quality Home Time
Melton has listened to our drivers and recently changed our home time policy to help ensure you get by the house for those important family functions and appointments. In addition, Melton now offers unlimited domicile changes for our drivers!! *Some restrictions do apply. Please visit Home Time for more information about our updated home time policy.
Driver Help Desk & Spouse Engagement Program
Aside from great pay and benefits, Melton also boasts innovative driver and spouse relations programs. Melton knows how important it is for drivers to have the support of their loved ones and Melton works endlessly to make sure drivers and their families are happy.
Here is what some Melton spouses have to say:
”Drivers are treated like people, not numbers. Employees in different departments are always willing to assist us whenever we need it.”
”The people truly make Melton special. The CEO, Mr. Peterson, always makes you feel special and like you are part of a family. He knows my name and says hi to me in the hallway even when he is obviously busy. Our driver manager is always concerned about us and does her best to communicate.”
”It is great how Melton cares about the health of their drivers. They have programs that other companies would never even think of having.”
”I ride with my husband and when we went to Melton, I knew that we would be with Melton until we retire.”
In It For The Long Haul
Almost 30% of Melton’s drivers have been with the company for more than 3 years and over 100 of our drivers have driven more than one million miles with Melton. We are looking for the next driver to call Melton home. Is that you?