Earn top industry base pay, bonuses, and $100 tarp pay - call 888-336-0437 now for details.
Almost 30% of Melton’s drivers have been with the company for more than 3 years and over 140 of our drivers have driven more than one million miles with Melton. At Melton, your starting pay is based on your verifiable over-the-road (OTR) truck driving experience.
Melton is one of the best trucking companies for experienced and entry-level drivers – Whether you have no trucking experience or multiple years, we have jobs available for you! Have OTR experience but lack flatbed experience? Don’t worry! Melton will give you all the hands-on-training you need in our state of the art, paid, on-the-job training program.
Why Experienced Drivers Choose Melton:
- New, well maintained, late-model equipment
- We assign trucks to individual drivers
- 24/7 Driver Support
- Quality Home Time
- Financial Security
- Excellent Benefits
- Profit Sharing after 3 years of safe driving
- Numerous opportunities to make additional pay
Melton Truck Lines Driver Requirements
Melton Truck Lines currently has job openings available for experienced truck drivers in the lower 48 states. In order for your application to be processed, you should meet the following standards:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Valid CDL Class A from the state you reside in
- No BACs, DUIs, or DWIs in the last 5 years
- Must meet all applicable DOT Regulations including a DOT physical and NIDA approved drug screen administered by a Melton Truck Lines physician
- Must pass an integrity interview and meet Melton's work attendance and availability requirements
If you have questions about our requirements or would like to know if you qualify for a position as a CDL Class A Over the Road (OTR) Flatbed Driver with Melton, please call us at 888-336-0437.
Melton aims to remain ahead of the competition with top pay and benefits, free on-site clinics and dentists, driver help desk, safety and referral bonuses, rider and pet programs, and much more.
- Apply online or call 888-336-0437 to speak with a recruiter.
- You will complete an over the phone interview with your recruiter where we will collect work history, safety, and background information.
- Your recruiter will forward your application to a processor who will check your references and reports.
- Your application will be sent back to your recruiter so you can complete a final interview to make sure that we have everything correct on your application.
- Once your application is reviewed and approved by our hiring board, we will schedule your transportation to orientation.
Quality Home Time
Melton has listened to our drivers and recently changed our home time policy to help ensure you get by the house for those important family functions and appointments. In addition, Melton now offers unlimited domicile changes for our drivers!! *Some restrictions do apply. Please visit Home Time for more information about our updated home time policy.
Regional Driving Job Opportunities
Melton has two permanent regional fleets called Southern and East. Regional fleets allow drivers additional home time and more stability. Our goal is to get your home every 7 – 14 days depending on your fleet. Each regional fleet hires from specific areas across the country and hiring is based on availability. Please ask your Recruiter if your location qualifies and if spots are available. Please visit Regional &Hybrid Fleets for more information about these regional driving job opportunities.